The Edison Festival of Light kicks off tomorrow with three big events throughout Southwest Florida! Each is unique in its own way and you don’t want to miss any of them!
STEMtastic Day of Discovery
Saturday 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. – Public Education Building (2855 Colonial Blvd) – The Foundation for Lee County Public Schools, the Lee County School District, and FPL partner with the Edison Festival of Light to bring an award winning showcase of STEM related exhibits, stage performances, and outdoor Ed-ventures! It’s all free!! Here are some things you might see!
- Underwater robotics, drones, hover crafts
- Helicopters, fire trucks, bomb squad, telescopes, hybrid bucket truck
- Food trucks, entertainment
Saturday Noon – 4:00 p.m. – Downtown, Edwards & Hendry – Sure to get your tail wagging! Partnering with the Gulfcoast Humane Society these costumed pooches and their best friends will parade and promote pet related information. Spectators get in free!
- Law enforcement K-9 demos
- Derby of Light (Wiener Dog Races)
- Dog parade featuring look-alike and Mayor’s Awards
Food Trucks & Craft Beer
Saturday Noon – 6:00 p.m. – Downtown, Edwards Drive – Unique food trucks will provide the fare, and Suncoast Beverages will provide the craft beer! All you need to do is show up. Bring a chair or a blanket! Spectators get in free!
- Special brews and ciders
- More than half a dozen food trucks