SWFL restaurants join forces for breast cancer awareness month
An estimated 266,120 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed among women in 2018. Among men, another 2,550 new cases are expected, according to the American Cancer Society. The team at CONRIC PR & Marketing relates to this staggering statistic through family experiences. This has spurred the launch of the inaugural DRINK PINK campaign in honor of national breast cancer awareness month in October.
The firm is challenging local restaurants to offer a signature DRINK PINK beverage that will incite people to “Cheers for Change” all month long. Participating restaurants are encouraged to donate a minimum of 10 percent of revenue from their signature pink drink sales in October to a nonprofit breast cancer organization of their choice.
CONRIC PR & Marketing has identified four nonprofit organizations in Southwest Florida that support breast cancer patients: Cancer Alliance of Naples, Partners for Breast Cancer Care, Bosom Buddies Breast Cancer Support and From Our Hearts.
Breast cancer knows no boundaries, but early detection and treatment can be the key to a healthy prognosis. The campaign seeks to increase awareness of the disease and raise money for local organizations that offer services to support patients. Everyone is welcome to take part by simply enjoying a signature beverage at a participating restaurant and sharing a photo on social media with the hashtag #DRINKPINK.
The following establishments are already on board:
- Azure Restaurant, 15301 McGregor Blvd., Fort Myers
- Boat House Tiki Bar & Grill, 17101 State Road 31, Fort Myers
- Boat House Tiki Bar & Grill, 5819 Driftwood Parkway, Cape Coral
- Bubba’s Roadhouse & Saloon, 2121 Southwest Pine Island Road, Cape Coral
- Downtown Social House, 1406 Hendry Street, Fort Myers
- Fathoms Restaurant & Bar, 5785 Cape Harbour Drive, Cape Coral
- Gather, 5971 Silver King Blvd., Cape Coral
- Keylime Bistro, 11509 Andy Rosse Lane, Captiva
- Luna Rossa Italian Grill, 10801 Corkscrew Road, Estero
- Point 57 Kitchen & Cocktails, 3522 Del Prado Blvd. S., Cape Coral
- Prawnbroker Restaurant Group, 7790 Cypress Lake Drive, Fort Myers
- RC Otter’s Island Eats, 11506 Andy Rosse Lane, Captiva
- Society Restaurant + Lounge, 13499 Bell Tower Drive, Fort Myers
- The Jac Sanibel Island Bar & Grille, 1223 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel
- The Firestone Grill Room, Martini Bar & Skybar, 2224 Bay Street, Fort Myers
For more information on the DRINK PINK campaign, visit conricpr.com/drink-pink/.
CONRIC PR & Marketing
CONRIC PR & Marketing was founded in 2007. The award-winning, full-service PR agency provides strategic brand awareness campaigns, integrated public relations programs, marketing development and consulting services, advertising concept and campaigns, media buys, custom and niche publishing, creative writing and design, digital marketing strategies, website development and crisis communications strategy and implementation.
The firm serves clients in many industry sectors including banking, legal, medical, government, nonprofit, restaurant, manufacturing, construction, building and development, real estate, professional association, hospitality, salon, and spa. CONRIC is a recipient of multiple Image Awards from the Southwest Florida Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association and Golden Image Awards from its statewide chapter, and Charlie Awards from the Florida Magazine Association. For more information, please call 239-690-9840 or visit ConricPR.com.